1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage in Threads Sept. '07 Magazine!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by evadress, Jul 28, 2007.

1. evadress

evadress Alumni

Vintage in Threads Sept. \'07 Magazine!

Well, it's time, isn't it!? That Threads Magazine would throw the spotlight on Vintage!

I submitted an article proposal a while back on working with vintage patterns for Threads readers and they picked it up this year.

I worked with the assistant editor this winter and the issue is now on stands and has been in subscribers' hands since the last week of June.

I want to know how many of you have come across it and I want to know your full opinions on the matter. For those of you who have not looked into this issue, you ought to pick it up and have a look!

For my article 'Working with Vintage Patterns', the Katharine Hepburn design is featured and I have experienced a very favorable response indicating to me that there is, indeed a potentially fresh vintage sewing market picking up Threads.

I know other vintage pattern businesses have been spotlighted in this issue, so I am hoping they have felt the impact as well.

2. I did get that issue. Loved the article. It is the first time I saw the magazine but they have been trying to get me to advertise in it for a while so they sent me that issue. I also got a mention after the article so bonus. I think Laura advertises with them.

3. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Cool! Justine should pick this up for the VFG blog. Another VFG member in print!

4. Laura

Laura Alumni

I LOVED your article! When they sent me the media kit for the vintage issue, they didn't specify who the author of the pattern article was, and I was really thrilled when I got the issue and saw it was you. :)

Laura

5. JulieW

JulieW Alumni

It was a great article and a great issue.
    I was so excited when Carol at Dandelion Vintage wrote to say that Sew-Retro.com was listed in the list of online pattern shops....I had missed it.

6. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

It is a great issue, and it's nice that vintage clothing, and patterns in particular, are getting some very positive attention. I loved your article on using vintage patterns, and the 10 Timeless Details one was good for us visual learners!

And how great it is that so many VFG members were involved and so many were mentioned!

Lizzie

7. evadress

evadress Alumni

on Threads Sept. \'07

Well, had I put myelf in with the Vintage Fashion Guild in time before writing the article, I would certainly had made mention of VFG, but I was with you all in spirit at that time and glad that is is all over the magazine elsewhere at least. So now that I am with it, the next time I write for them, I will insert my VFG affiliation. Cheers!

8. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member