1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Jewelry in my latest Blog post

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by boncly, Nov 2, 2009.

1. boncly

boncly VFG Member

Some of the prettiest vintage costume jewelry was made by DeLizza & Elster (aka Juliana).

If you've ever wondered about Juliana jewelry and how to spot it, I've just posted some info in my latest blog Finding Buried Treasure - Juliana Jewelry

Diana

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Nice job, Diana!

I met Frank DeLizza at the VFCJ Conventions in 2005, 2007 and saw him again at the most recent one held a little over two weeks ago in Warwick, R.I.. He is still going strong at 80 something! I was a new member of VFCJ (Vintage Fashion Costume Jewelry) when the connection between the jewelry that was being called "Juliana" and DeLizza and Elster was first published in the summer issue of "Vintage" in 2003!

Linn

3. boncly

boncly VFG Member

Thanks, Linn!

We are so fortunate that Mr. DeLizza is so generous with his time -- always helping identify his jewelry and talking about the business. I love his book, too. The actual making of costume jewelry and the business is something no one really thinks about.

Diana

4. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Great blog post, Diana!

And I love the brooch you picture--yummy sparkles!

5. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Fabulous & interesting post, Diana! Thank you; I never even knew there was such a site for such great reference information! (I just bought an estate lot of jewelry, most of it unmarked, so guess who's gonna be spending a lot of time on that site???)

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Great blog post, Diana. Very informative site. It is nice that he is still around and obviously still gets pleasure from being around the jewelry!