Vintage Laura Ashley dress and jacket identification help please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion Q & A' started by Ruby-Izobel, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Ruby-Izobel

Ruby-Izobel Registered Guest

I'm new here so please forgive me if I make an error! I have recently bought a beautiful Laura Ashley dress and jacket and from the label resources it seems to me that it is possibly a 1980s design and I wondered if it had a particular name and thought someone may recognise it. I'll try uploading some photos. Many thanks, Ruby-Izobel

Attached Files:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. themerchantsofvintage

themerchantsofvintage Administrator Staff Member

Sweet. Do you have a photo of the care symbols? That will also help.

Ruby-Izobel likes this.
  3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix Trade Member

Very pretty! The drop waist and wider sleeves make me think of 1980s.

Ruby-Izobel likes this.
  4. mags_rags

mags_rags Trade Member

It does evoke the 1980s. And IIRC, Laura Ashley shifted their manufacturing process out of UK by late 80s/early 90s.

Ruby-Izobel likes this.
  5. Ruby-Izobel

Ruby-Izobel Registered Guest

Thank you for your comments (I only just spotted them!) I know, or at least hope, it's a bit premature but I intend to Will all my dresses to my daughter (she's only 6 and loves dressing up!) So it is great to be able to tell her as much about everything as I can. I just took care label photos and noticed "JK 531" attached to the last one - can anyone tell me what if anything this means?

Attached Files:

6. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth Administrator Staff Member

I always associate that V-waist with 80s. LA designs were not named as far as I know.

Ruby-Izobel likes this.