1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Laura Ashley dress and jacket identification help please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Ruby-Izobel, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Ruby-Izobel

Ruby-Izobel Registered Guest

I'm new here so please forgive me if I make an error! I have recently bought a beautiful Laura Ashley dress and jacket and from the label resources it seems to me that it is possibly a 1980s design and I wondered if it had a particular name and thought someone may recognise it. I'll try uploading some photos. Many thanks, Ruby-Izobel

Attached Files:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. Sweet. Do you have a photo of the care symbols? That will also help.

Ruby-Izobel likes this.
  3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Very pretty! The drop waist and wider sleeves make me think of 1980s.

Ruby-Izobel likes this.
  4. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

It does evoke the 1980s. And IIRC, Laura Ashley shifted their manufacturing process out of UK by late 80s/early 90s.

Ruby-Izobel likes this.
  5. Ruby-Izobel

Ruby-Izobel Registered Guest

Thank you for your comments (I only just spotted them!) I know, or at least hope, it's a bit premature but I intend to Will all my dresses to my daughter (she's only 6 and loves dressing up!) So it is great to be able to tell her as much about everything as I can. I just took care label photos and noticed "JK 531" attached to the last one - can anyone tell me what if anything this means?

Attached Files:

6. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I always associate that V-waist with 80s. LA designs were not named as far as I know.

Ruby-Izobel likes this.