1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Levi’s embroidery logo shirt RARE?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by CenaE, Dec 9, 2019.

1. CenaE

CenaE Registered Guest

If anyone can give me more info on this Levi’s shirt, I would be grateful! I cannot find any comps online that have an embroidery logo instead of a tab.

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Can you please post a better close up photo of the label? Also are there any other care labels that may be sewn onto the seam of the shirt.

3. CenaE

CenaE Registered Guest

No care labels.
    Just these 2 labels attached to the inside of the shirt.
    Also, let me know if you need a another label pic.

Attached Files:

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

you can see the history of Levis on their website, and this particular label is not included on there. It doesn't look like any that they've had over the years.

unfortunately, sometimes small-time manufacturers try to cash in on a successful manufacturer's branding...your label does seem familiar to me, maybe from the 70s or 80s? those embroiderys were particularly popular in the 80s, so maybe from then...but i do not know if it is affiliated with true Levi's, or not. You may want to write to them to clarify.

I would not describe your shirt as rare...not to disappoint you, but just to be realistic in your description.

it is a nice looking button-down. looks like chambray. classic. :)

5. CenaE

CenaE Registered Guest

Thank you for your reply! I was basing my assumptions from this vintage western label that Levi’s produced. It’s the same logo. And the Levi’s label inside has an “r” on it. I have seen the same label as on my shirt, but with a blue background.

Attached Files:

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I have never seen this label either, nor have I ever noticed the L underline and the S underline on any Levi's label.
    I agree with Mary that getting in touch with Levi's might be the best idea in this case. It is a nice looking shirt. Let us know if they get back to you.
    It may well be a label that they created for a particular line.