1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Louis Vuitton Bag-Help Identifying!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by TeamSparkleVintage, Mar 20, 2014.

1. TeamSparkleVintage

TeamSparkleVintage Registered Guest

Hi everyone-I found this vintage Louis Vuitton bag several years ago throughout my thrift travels! I am not myself a Louis Vuitton expert but I was always under the impression that it was authentic, but as I'm not an expert I really can't be sure at all-I only know that it is a Murakami (SP?) because of the cherry blossoms, but I have never seen another like it anywhere else...I've done some Googling but that hasn't turned up anything. I'm suspect it is vintage, but I just wanted to post some images here-if anyone has any specific information on this bag, that would be wonderful! Thank you so much everyone!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

VFG cannot authenticate items.

You may want to try The Purse Forum site. They have a section to assist with Louis Vuitton bags.

3. StitchesandSnags

StitchesandSnags Registered Guest

Louis Vuitton and Murakami began their collaboration in the 2000s.

4. Inspect that main (inner) label closely.
    Compare it to the examples of fake and authentic labels at this website.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    StitchesandSnags likes this.
  5. Southpaw Goods

Southpaw Goods Registered Guest

The stitching on the red piece looks crooked. I am no expert but I do know that the stitching should be perfect on any luxury item. Good luck!

6. Sheila Dawson

Sheila Dawson Registered Guest

In the first picture with rivets are the wrong style, and the brass color has worn off., The leather is white, s/b a vachetta leather trim