1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Nike Made in Western Germany T-shirt?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by jake ooley, Jun 4, 2014.

1. jake ooley

jake ooley Registered Guest

Recently came across this Nike t-shirt. I can't seem to find any info on Nike made in Western Germany. Any help would be awesome! Anyone have any info on Nike making products in Germany? DSC06537.JPG DSC06541.JPG DSC06545.JPG DSC06547.JPG

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Germany was reunified in 1990. It's odd that the label says 'Western Germany' rather than West Germany though.

However the care labels are good clues for dating. Their presence means it's almost certainly post 1970. They look like early versions of the symbols, especially the iron symbol (though I can't see it very well), and they lack the tumble dry symbol that was introduced in 1985-87.

So that narrows it down to 70s to mid 80s. I'm seeing late 70s / early 80s, in the graphic design.

Let' see what others have to say though.

3. Agree with Ruth, but leaning more to 70s as it "looks" like it is fitted.

I've noticed when it has "Western", it's usually earlier. Like the label in the resource for an early 80s Escada:
    http://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/escada/

Attached Files:

• bbb.jpg
      bbb.jpg
      File size:
      22.1 KB
      Views:
    Retro Ruth likes this.