Vintage peplum blazer

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Label Q & A' started by GoldenAuraVintage, Aug 27, 2017.

1. GoldenAuraVintage

GoldenAuraVintage Registered Guest

IMG_3404.JPG IMG_3403.JPG IMG_3402.JPG IMG_3357.JPG IMG_3358.JPG IMG_3364.JPG This beautifully made black 3/4 length sleeve, peplum blazer has no tag except for half of a union label. The linen is a woven, feels like a linen, perhaps a blend? Buttons are faceted. Front pockets that are hidden in the peplum (see photo that has sleeves in pocket).
    Any thoughts on era or maker? My art historian background makes me want to know every detail about every vintage piece I own :)

Union label was used from 1938-1964.

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand Trade Member

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

4. Linn

Linn Trade Member

I agree with '50s and with Mary Jane about pulling up the collar and fastening the button. I own a Lilli-Ann wool jacket that is a little earlier that fastens three different ways by changing how it is buttoned and snapped:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I lightened two of the pictures to show the detail - it's very dark black.

GoldenAuraVintage likes this.
  5. Leonardo da Vintage

Leonardo da Vintage Administrator Staff Member

FWIW I wouldn't call that a peplum, especially as there is no waist seam. It's simply fitted at the waist.

6. Leonardo da Vintage

Leonardo da Vintage Administrator Staff Member

(unless there is more flounce going on at the back, which we can't see)

GoldenAuraVintage likes this.
  7. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix Trade Member

I agree with 1950s. It is not a blazer, it appears to be a suit jacket and surely once had a matching skirt.

8. GoldenAuraVintage

GoldenAuraVintage Registered Guest

Thank you for all of the help! I love learning from all of you :)