1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage prom photos

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Robin of Frocksley, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

I'd love to see vintage prom/school dance photos from anyone who wants to share! Here's a photo of my mom dressed in a jumpsuit for her senior prom in 1967:
    IMG_20210422_123628233~2.jpg

2. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

My Aunt Kathy in her prom dress 1962

kathy-prom.jpg

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

What a difference 5 years makes! We don't have proms here, but I love seeing these so am bumping this in case anyone else wants to share.

Robin of Frocksley likes this.
  4. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I'm glad you bumped this, Ruth! I was out of town without easy access to my scanned photos when it was first posted.

I have two related photos that are emblematic of my family culture. First, my senior prom, May 1968
    02261_p_19arx2f6272414.jpg

And this B&W from May 1966, when I was a junior bridesmaid for my sister's wedding.
    02303_p_19arx2f6272456.jpg
    Same dress - my mom removed the sleeves. I actually wore it for junior-year prom as well, but my mom switched out the empire waistline trim.

5. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

Thank you both for sharing, so great to see ladies all dolled up! My mom has always said that she was outside the trends fashion-wise at her prom and that the other girls were wearing pastel gowns. Seems pretty accurate so far!

6. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member