1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Shows

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by rfc100, Jan 14, 2005.

1. rfc100

rfc100 Registered Guest

If I'm on the wrong board I apologize. I would like to know if there is a listing of vintage/antique shows somewhere around the country. I'd like to participate in one, but can't find any except for one in NYC, and the contact didn't respond to my request for information.

Thanks,

Rachel

2. artisannes

artisannes VFG Member VFG Past President

Well Rachel, I thought we did have one but turns out we don't seem to, so it's about time we did :)

The VFG board meets next week and I'll put it on the agenda.

In the meantime, I am starting a thread for fair organisers so that they can post their dates and info.

Whereabouts are you by the way? Were you hoping for a specific location?

Anne

3. rfc100

rfc100 Registered Guest

Thanks, that would be great! I'm in MI, but will travel.

4. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

There is a one day
    Vintage Clothing, Jewelry & Textile Show held in March and October in Mason, MI which is about 10 mins south of Lansing. I did both shows in 2004.
    u2u me your email if you would like more details.
    I will post a flyer on the board tonight.
    Karen

5. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

There is a show in August at the Ohare Show in Chicago. Another show is
    one that will be February 25-26, 2005 at the Hemmens Cultural Center • 150 Dexter Ct. Elgin, Ill. The promoter for this one Cats Pajamas Productions. They have also added a new show in Minneapolis in June. If you go - get there early and be sure to get in at show opening. I am told the early buyer $60 fee is usally not worth it if you are buying for resale, but if you are a serious collector, you may want to go that way. Their home page: http://www.catspajamasproductions.net/index.htm

Hollis

6. Laura

Laura Alumni

I went to the Elgin show twice last year: They have a show in February and another in September. I thoroughly enjoyed both trips, but I'm not sure if I'll go again this year. The clothing prices tend to be a lot higher than I find locally (in Ohio), and only about 50% of the stuff is better than I find at shows here.

However, it is a ton of fun to meet up with so many other collectors and dealers.

Laura

7. rfc100

rfc100 Registered Guest

Thank you for the tips! I emailed for info for the Chicagoland show, and Karen, I would love information on the Mason, MI show. I have no idea how to email you! My email is [email protected].

8. mary angel

mary angel Registered Guest

where and when are the vintage shows in ohio?

9. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Hi Mary Angel!

We have another thread that has specific dates for vintage shows. I will try and find it for you. I know there is a great musuem exhibit at henry Ford Musuem in MI. Don't know how close you are to the border

Chris