Vintage Silk Damage

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Beth Keeton, Apr 16, 2020.

  1. Beth Keeton

    Beth Keeton Registered Guest

    Greetings all! I am having a lapse in memory. I know there is a special term but I cannot remember it. My brain is a blank. What do you call the damage to vintage silk when the weave starts to separate as in the attached photo? Thank you!!! 20200416_165922.jpg
  2. nsweezie

    nsweezie Registered Guest

    I think it’s called shattering.
  3. Rue_de_la_Paix

    Rue_de_la_Paix Trade Member

    No, it is not shattering. But I also forget if there is term for that right now!

Share This Page