1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage St. John santana knit?? Please help!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by vintagecouture863, Jan 2, 2009.

1. vintagecouture863

vintagecouture863 Registered Guest

I found this beautiful navy santana knit sweater in a thrift store for a dollar and had to buy it. It looks and feels to be of St. John Santana Knit quality, I am just a little weary because I have never seen this label before. Also, the size says size 44, aren't these usually always US sizes?? So I am wondering if this is vintage St. John or a very good imitation. I didn't see the label on the label resource page, so I though someone might have some info for me or at least point me in the right direction. Please help!! Thanks!!

[​IMG]

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

3. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

That does not look like any of the early labels for St. John Knits that I have seen but vintage is full of suirprises and contradictions so I hesitate to say for sure. As Mary requested, a picture might help.

Melody

4. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

AND St. John collectors really don't care whether you put "vintage" in the title or not. In fact, it would probably do better if you don't.

5. vintagecouture863

vintagecouture863 Registered Guest

Photos of the St. John Knit Sweater

Here are two photos of the sweater. I have some other St. John Santana Knit pieces that I compared this to, and the knit is identical, the quality and everything is just amazing on this sweater. I have just never seen this particular label before. Does anyone have any other info for me?? Thanks so much!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]