1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vintage veil wanted for august wedding - so no real rush!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Hattysattic, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

That is good to know Laura. I know one can make them, but it is usually a lack of confidence or the lack of a suitable base headband/headpiece that discourages people. The new wife of my husband's cousin had a less traditional dress, well..it was a formal dress but a non traditional style and just wore a clip in the back or her hair with a sheer white fabric and it worked really beautifully with her long hair.

I bought mine and it was almost the price i paid for my dress! (of course, i bought my dress on consignment so it was a fraction of the price. i should finally show pics of the alleged dress, shouldn't i?) Actually, my two aunts and two cousins bought it for me as a bridal shower present. They figured if I ever resold my dress or passed it along I could keep the veil that had only been worn by me.

2. PodVintage

PodVintage Alumni

I have two veils, a tiara, TONS of gloves, 40's repo platform shoes and seamed white nylons, & dress that I need to get rid of.... Tooo much wedding stuff left in my house.

3. Patentleathershoes

Stuff you have collected or YOUR wedding stuff?

4. PodVintage

PodVintage Alumni

My wedding stuff.. And alot of things that I did not use

5. Patentleathershoes

I am embarrassed to say i bought 3 different purses and ended up not ccarrying one. My cousin had my makeup with her and my husband had the $$ in his pocket. I kept finding gorgeous white purses and buying them. One i am embarrassed to say i bought way before i knew i was getting married thinking someday if i got married it would be cool to have.

That is pretty bad. I kept my dress and veil. Its still hanging in my closet inside out by the waist band

6. Patentleathershoes

Hey Harriet...

how are you doing on this?

any luck yet?

Chris