1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vittorio Silk Bag - HELP?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by oppurevintage, Dec 3, 2021.

1. oppurevintage

oppurevintage Registered Guest

Hello everyone,

I found this spectacular Vittorio bag, which also comes with a certificate of authenticity. However, I could not find anything about the brand nor products similar to mine. Actually, no bags at all. I only found like 2 scarves that were being sold under the same brand.

Does anyone know anything about this brand? How old it is? What could be the value of the bag? Anything really since I would love to know more about its history.

Thank youuuu xx

Attached Files:

2. With the snap closure it appears to be more modern to me. 1980s and newer.
    I do not know the brand.

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

It's not just the snap closure, but also the shape... I would guess, not older than 90s. I did a quick search around but couldn't find anything. Vittorio is a common Italian name, which makes it hard anyway.

4. After another look and seeing the beading and handle, I agree late 90s or 2000.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

6. I'm not familiar with the name, either.
    The white label inside - which is in English, despite the Italy fabric label it is attached to - states that though the outer shell is silk, the inner lining is 100% polyester... not generally a sign of high-end production.
    Looks to me like something that could have been sold in a ready-to-wear bridal store?
    The COA may just be a sales technique...
    Cute bag, though!

7. SarahS

SarahS Registered Guest

I have to agree with Donna, the COA is a marketing tactic. Unfortunately, I don't see a lot of monetary value here.
    Enjoy the bag regardless!

The Vintage Vendeuse likes this.
  8. Agree with others: I see something fairly modern, and likely made for the tourist market (hence three translations). Como is not a big city, population 84,000 and tourism is a major industry there. From the wording I would expect a mass-produced product of Asian origin. No great value but a sweet souvenir of your holiday.

The Vintage Vendeuse likes this.