1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted - scrap of 30's black silk velvet...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Hazel, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Hazel

Hazel Registered Guest

I've just acquired the most dreamy 1930's black silk velvet dressing robe / hostess gown :)

However it's got a weak seam at the back of the neck - does anyone please have a scrap of black silk velvet or a black silk velvet item that is beyond repair I could use to reinforce the seam with? Random request but thought I'd ask on here just in case! I'm based in the UK.
    Thank you!

2. Kim Mibram

Kim Mibram Registered Guest

Yes, I would surely love to help you with the improvement of your dress. Actually, I have a vintage dress in black silk velvet, which I once picked from a sale. Unfortunately, the dress was wrecked as it was torn at the hem as I toppled while wearing it. But I am sure that you can use the fabric to reinforce the weak seam on your gown. I’d be happy to hand over the dress to you, please let me know how we can do it.

3. Hazel

Hazel Registered Guest

Hi Mibram, thankyou so much for your kind offer! A vintage shop here was able to help me out. I'm sorry to hear your dress was damaged - can it be repaired?

Warm regards