1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warren K Cook Tweed Jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Colin Carmichael, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Friday Casual Now

Friday Casual Now Registered Guest

Apologies if this is the wrong location or type of post, but I have a couple of WKC suits and a couple of Coppley ones about to go to Amity, it seems a shame since they are virtually new. Any ideas on better uses? Museum donation perhaps? Vintage dealers? Please help, I just hate to see 100% Canadian made high end like new suits turned into rags for halloween or worse yet, couch stuffing !! Thanks.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

You might want to contact one our members here, Jonathan, as he is the curator of the Fashion History Museum.
    Just click on the wording below to take you there.

Fashion History Museum

3. William Crooks

William Crooks Registered Guest

Hi there, I am new to the forum and am delighted to find a community that may have some insight on my find. It is an absolutely mint tweed blazer by Warren Cook. It looks as if it was never worn and has no fading whatsoever. Even better is the fact that it fits me as it was tailored for me.

Attached Files:

4. Debra Neal

Debra Neal Registered Guest

Warren K Cook was a high end men’s suit custom and some in rack. My dad worked there from the time he was 16 in 1950 and was the clothes designer there for many years. I knew a lot of the staff there and grew up in the Cook employee family. They made suits for Pierre Trudeau along with many others and designed and made the first Blue Jay dress suits. My dad also cut the first Roots jackets as a side job lol. I have some of his suits still in the closet although he has passed.

plousia likes this.
  5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

So nice to have learned so much more about this man and his company.