1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was given a fur coat, need help!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Daniel Marsala, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Daniel Marsala

Daniel Marsala Registered Guest

My wife and I were given a fur coat when we moved into our new house, It was the prior owners 96 year old aunt's and I tried google searching the name on the table and couldn't find anything and was hoping someone on here could be of some help! any info would be appreciated. I'm not even sure what kind of fur it is, it's short and extremely soft that is all I know.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Daniel Marsala

Daniel Marsala Registered Guest

I did find a Richard Healy Co. in a 1920 Worcester MA directory.

3. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

It's a little hard to tell from your photos but my first impression is that the coat is C. 1940's (maybe late 1930's) and is sheared beaver. We have a fur resource on our website but the example of sheared beaver is a lighter shade.

http://vintagefashionguild.org/fur-resource/beaver/

What a wonderful gift!

Linn

Edited: I did a search for Richard Healy Company Furs and there are/were some lisitngs on eBay. There is one active listing for a C. 1950's mink stole. The label has similar font to the label on yours, but your coat/label is earlier. You are correct that the company is (or was) in Worcester, MA.

4. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

5. Lady Croft

Lady Croft Registered Guest

I like the style of it! So cute, you totally scored! Needs some cleanup, I just bought a kit for cleaning from lanas fur.com all natural, no chemicals. Seemed to nicely.