1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird label I cannot identify for the life of me

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Moonchild, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Moonchild

Moonchild Registered Guest

I have this gorgeous dress with no labels except this little thing right here: https://imgur.com/a/cyj1jHX
    [​IMG]
    (doesn't seem like it wants to load the picture so I added the link just in case.)

The label reads: Claudio & Deanna Baisi - Community Church.
    Nothing comes up when searching. Literally nothing :)
    Here's the dress:
    [​IMG]

Can ANYONE help me identify this somehow? Any info on this is appreciated.

2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Oh how gorgeous! I love a mystery, I wonder if it was a community church which made clothing for it's members or to sell to raise funds in a church shop or at community events etc? What area are you in? It might help find the specific church/store.

Edit: Just found this...
    Community Church movement - Wikipedia

I'm kinda in love with this dress, i bet the colour was much deeper. I want to hazard a guess at 1930s based on the collar and shape/style of the dress. However the label (to me) looks more modern. I really want it to be 1930s though so I might be biased somehow.

Anyhoo, the experts will be along soon to give you firmer advice. :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

How unusual—at least to me!

Where did you find it (the location sometimes helps)?

4. Moonchild

God, I don't know how the reply thing works, I hope this is correct.-
    - I live in Denmark, I got it from BULK wholesale vintage when I ordered a big order of dresses. They say that most dresses are between 1960's-1990's, but there have been a few pieces that have been older than that.

But it was my thought exactly! That it might be a dress made for specific members of a chruch. - I'll take a look at the link you added!

GemGem likes this.
  5. Moonchild

- I live in Denmark, I got it from BULK wholesale vintage when I ordered a big order of dresses, which doesn't give much more information lol. They say that their dresses come from USA, Germany, Netherlands, France and Italy. Which I can confirm. I think the dress is from the States, though.

GemGem likes this.
  6. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Pretty dress. I don't see 30s. The relaxed dropwaist style and particularly the lace used for the collar remind me of 80s Laura Ashley type dresses.

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

8. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Moonchild,

Instead of clicking on the "Reply" - write your response in the space below the last posting. When you click on Reply, it copies/quotes what the person who posted wrote.

It looks '80s to me, too.

GemGem likes this.