1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to the VFG Wedding resource: Questions, Comments, and Contact

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Wedding Resource' started by MagsRags, Feb 4, 2021.

1. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Welcome to the Vintage Fashion Guild Vintage Wedding Resource! We hope you are inspired and delighted.

The images are arranged by date - there is a "thread" for 1700 to 1799, and the threads go decade by decade after that, with individual threads devoted to Hats and Shoes spanning the entire time frame. Each thread is internally in order of date as well.

We welcome questions and comments in this thread. If you would like to share your own dated photos with the VFG Wedding Resource, please use the Submission thread, following the steps laid out.

If you have need to speak directly with a team member and would prefer not to use a public forum, our email address is [email protected]. Photos can also be submitted by email, as long as you include the year the wedding took place, any other date/location information you have, and this statement: "I give the VFG the right to use this file as part of their educational Historical Wedding Resource."
    Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

3. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Nice work. beatingHeart

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    MagsRags and Retro Ruth like this.
  4. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

What a wonderful new resource for the VFG!

MagsRags likes this.
  6. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

amazing collections and presentation; those shoes are particularly fabulous!! thank you for all your work on this, Maggie!!

cmpollack and MagsRags like this.
  7. MagsRags

Thank you, Mary. My original plan was more modest, but the further I dug in, the more ambitious it got.

It's hard to describe how tenderhearted I feel for all the brides and grooms depicted in the photos, setting out on their lives together dressed in their best clothes.

8. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

Truly impressive! :clapping:

MagsRags likes this.
  9. What a great new resource for VFG. Excellent job, Maggie. Thank you for putting all this together. It was a lot of work and very well done.

MagsRags likes this.
  10. MagsRags

Thank you! It has truly been a labor of love.

Please encourage family and friends to visit and to contribute!

11. MagsRags

Update to say that I have added approximately 40 new photos to the resource, bringing us to well over 500.

We are taking submissions via email in addition to the designated thread. Hope to see your photos soon!

12. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

@mags_rags I have a picture of my mother on her wedding day, in her 'going away outfit', rather than her wedding dress. Is this of interest?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  13. MagsRags

Yes please.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  14. MagsRags

We have 14 new photos added to the Resource - check out the 1900s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s.

More please!

15. cladurban

cladurban Registered Guest

This is so nice. Thanks for sharing!

MagsRags likes this.