1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well this time it is a BRA LOT!!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG Fashion Parades' started by b*a*vintagequeen, Mar 21, 2007.

1. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

Just listed a lot of 19 BRAS that I believe date the late 30's and 40's..........but if I am wrong someone please correct me!

2. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Heehee, guess what I bid on! :D I'm running low on bras:P

Lei

3. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

well Lei..you kow l'm looking for one for me to wear and keep em high, rather than hanging down mid waist!! too much information...sorry..didnt mean to paint a picture urgh! if l'm a 38c what do l look for in a vintage bra?? helppp..please thanks

omg sorry its a lot job...job lot..the statiny one looks fab...l havent aclue what l'm doing so l leave it up to you Lei and then perhpas you can suppy me!!

4. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

You really have to measure a vintage bra as the sizes often bear no resemblance to modern sizes. Early bras up to the 50's (and sometimes in the 60's too) often went by bust size only and then the wearer could take in or alter the cups to suit your particular boobs.
    I have a 36F 60's bullet bra whose cups are way bigger than my modern 36F bras!!:rolleyes:

Lei

5. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Lei- please forgive me but I am kinda keen on them too! hope that one of us gets them !;) Will be in touch about the zips too!! cheers Gayle

6. b*a*vintagequeen

Yes vintage sizes with bras, like dresses, I think run smaller than modern day sizing.

These bras don't look like you can alter the cup size on them though, but maybe you can??

7. b*a*vintagequeen

Oh girls please feel free to fight over them! :spin: