1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We've opened a new Etsy shop for menswear!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by morning-glorious, Feb 16, 2012.

1. morning-glorious

morning-glorious VFG Member

I'm so excited! Vincent and I have opened a new Etsy shop just for men's clothing and accessories, and it's called MisterBibs ! (in honor of our kitty, Mr. Bibs!)

We only have a few things stocked so far but we have lots of amazing menswear to list. Could we get some etsy love from you folks?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MisterBibs

Also I'd like to add the VFG team tag to these listings, no problem with that, right?

Oh, and it's such a joy having a partner now, who is really into vintage! We love working together. We do everything now as a team. ...The backstory, which some VFGers know: Vincent is my old true love of my life from when we were in our twenties. Life got complicated then, we lost touch, but we found each other again last Spring, after 17 years! on facebook! I thought he was living somewhere out on the west coast, but he was right here, he was 15 minutes from my shop and neither of us knew. We are getting married in 2 weeks! :wub:

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Can't wait to check out your store - and congratulations! Being with the right person is the best feeling in the world.

3. joules

joules VFG Member

That is VERY exciting news! Yay!
    Will send you more info, regarding the tag, etc.

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

5. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

That is sooo romantic! [​IMG] Congratulations!

Great shop and love the avatar too!

6. Mazal tov! Great story - the best to you both!

I see your store is for Cool Cats - love the avatar!

7. MissRita

MissRita Guest

Congrats :drinkingtoast:

How great you two have partnered in business as well! I think the men's shop is a great idea btw. I never dreamed of selling vintage men's clothing, had no idea there was such a market for it. Now I look through the men's racks before I hit the women's sections.

I can relate! Met my guy as a teen - was best friends with his sister. I had a secret crush on him but didn't tell anyone. We met up again 20 yrs later and have been together almost 10 yrs now.

Wishing you both tremendous success with the new shop :)

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

:drinkingtoast:Fabulous news, Jen, so happy for both of you!
    It's nice to have a partner to share your love of vintage with!

9. morning-glorious

morning-glorious VFG Member

Thank you all so much. I feel like my personal life and work life is all finally really falling into place - as if I'm, at last, doing exactly what I'm meant to be doing, in all aspects. I feel very fortunate.

10. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

11. That's SO romantic!!! Oh, I so happy for you two! What an amazing story of love :wub:.

And your new shop is coming along swimmingly. I especially love that Indian Head Jacket; how cool!

12. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

Congrats and best wishes you love birds you! And heres wishing you great success with your new shop.

melody

13. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Jen,

I'm very, very happy for you both!!!! Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and on your new Etsy shop. It looks great.

Please tell us all about your special day - are you wearing the vintage dress you showed us when we all visited you in October? I don't think we got to meet Mr. Bibbs but I do remember meeting Vincent.

Hope you will share photos from your wedding! :drinkingtoast:

Linn