1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Going To Serve At Christmas?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by vintageclothes-line, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I still don't know what I will be eating :) at the last minute, Tom's sister and brother in law are going away so that leaves one sister and brother in law plus his mother and the two of us. Last year we had a formal christmas eve dinner and homemade pizzas and parade watching christmas day.

I so much miss christmas breakfast at my grandparents. maybe next year. My grandfather will be 81 in March and they still have the whole crew over - 5 children, 5 children in law, 11 grandkids from the ages of 11 to 34 (3 are married incl me, 1 is engaged, so count 3 spouses and 1 fiancee too.), and then two of my cousins have kids so there are 4 great grandchildren. Plus my uncles mother (their sister in law) doesn't have anybody left. she is widowed and her other two kids live out of state so she comes too. So there are always 30 people, plus if my brother is seeing anyone at the time. They have a little 3 bedroom ranch - with a living/dining combo and somehow we all fit. Not that anyone has a lot of room to walk around, but everyone gets along well so it works.

If we didn't like eachother, we would be in serious trouble!

2. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

There would also be an outcry in my family if we didn't have the full works, although I'm very willing to try a goose - I think we'll be eating turkey as usual. The line-up is usually; turkey, ham, sausage, parsnips, sprouts, roast potatoes, stuffing etc etc. My mum also makes (officially, as far as I'm concerned) the best mince pies in the world :)

I'm not looking forward to Christmas this year so much. It will be the first year I have ever spent without my middle brother - who is now married and having to alternate between us and the in-laws. His enthusiasm for Christmas remains undimmed at the age of 29 and I will miss him terribly! It's going to be very quiet.....

Ah well.... :)

3. Patentleathershoes

Oh, that's sad. Hopefully if the other family isn't too far where he doesn't have a long trip, maybe you can see him later in the eve.

My brother is a big kid too...but mroe so are my uncles. all but one are retired and they live for the annual wrapping paper fight at the end!

4. Patentleathershoes

I hope everyone had a great time. I should have started a thread called "what not to serve" after the holiday. there were a couple of those present!

:)