1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is a good descriptive term for this type of trim?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Villa, Apr 5, 2012.

1. laughingmagpie

laughingmagpie Registered Guest

Yeah, agreed, there's a good argument that 'shelf bust' is not the most exact, and I don't usually advocate for calling something by an imprecise term. But for a buyer like me who want to see all the '50s dresses listed with this cut (and those along the line of what is being worn by Liz Taylor there), "Empire waist with Princess line bodice" are a bit unwieldy as as key words. Even just 'empire' doesn't capture enough of them, and I now pretty much just use variations on 'shelf-bust' to find them. I'd hate for dresses with this design to be unsearchable - it really is my favorite combination of seams :)

Jen

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

DINGLE FRINGE! Dingle Fringe...Dingle Fringe......Dingle Fringe!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself....:)

3. Something about the word dingle and vintage dress doesn't sit well with me...:)

4. Goth Hobbit

Goth Hobbit Registered Guest

Great; now I have the song "My Ding-A-Ling" stuck in my head! And you're right, it doesn't go well with "vintage dress", especially not one as gorgeous as this one. ';)