1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this symbol? Judaica?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Patentleathershoes, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I at first thought this symbol on this trinket/jewel boxwas judaica, but there are not enough candles to be a menorrah, so it might not be. It could be just a fancy monogram.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for any opinions.

Chris

2. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

I am wondering if with the candles on there would the box itself be for keeping candles.

Just a thought.

No other ideas on what it could be.

3. Patentleathershoes

oh, i should say the box is 3 1/2" by 2 1/2, but candles was a good idea. maybe matches or birthday candles instead though

4. cosmiccowgirl

cosmiccowgirl Alumni

That's a James Avery jewelry box. They offer handcrafted jewelry, particularly silver and lots of crosses. They have stores in Texas, Oklahoma and I believe Georgia --- as well as a catalog and online store. http://www.jamesavery.com/

5. Another Texas gal recognizes it, right away, here, too! :D James Avery's jewelry is pretty coveted, here. ...very minutedly-detailed, high-quality silver and gold jewelry--just a bit of it with gemstones. ...priced at more than what you would pay for similar (though, really not as finely-crafted) pieces at most stores, but still less than David Yurman kinds of pieces.

I haven't been to one of the Avery stores in a long while, but I've worn an Avery charm bracelets for 15 years. If I'm remembering correctly, Avery presents himself as a Christian artisan. ...not that most of the jewelry made and sold is of Christian symbols; it's not--just that he is a Christian. The stores typically have wooden crosses on the walls. Fish symbols, crosses, and such are pretty common on storefronts, here.

That logo is stamped into the jewelry pieces, also.

6. Patentleathershoes

thank you thank you thank you. you guys are awesome!
    i will check out that link a bit later when i have a chance. Pretty ritzy to have wooden boxes instead of the cardboard ones to sell your jewelry in. Its even dovetailed.

i will check out that link when i get the chance!