1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Office scavenger

Office scavenger Registered Guest

Looking through old office drawers that are no longer in use and were left unopened for many years, I found the object pictured. It was empty. Looking at it I figured it must be an old cigarette case. However, it would be weirdly spaced in contrast to other cases I have seen, and the way it is sewn makes the sixth compartment at the bottom virtually useless.

Since it is pretty old I thought if anyone can confirm my guess, it's probably you guys.
    1.jpg 2.jpg

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I think it may held a manicure set or similar, vanity items. Nail files, scissors, tweezers.

MagsRags and lkranieri like this.
  3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

(EDITED TO ADD—Oops...Ruth was speedier on the draw)

I don’t know what you mean by “the sixth compartment at the bottom,” but I suspect it may have been part of a manicure set, as here...

43C602BA-8E23-4AD3-A80B-9A57A2E6729F.jpeg

F3DC175B-941B-4B01-9648-3E06C22F1E6D.jpeg

16E78483-CB67-44BC-BAA4-49ACB6DC06DA.jpeg

07C509FC-6888-4FA1-951E-A5E3D4A52F83.jpeg

Vinclothes, Retro Ruth and MagsRags like this.
  4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I think the OP means the section that is too flat to hold a cigarette - but it would hold a nail file.

lkranieri likes this.
  5. Office scavenger

Office scavenger Registered Guest

You are right! Would have taken me a while to figure that out myself... Thank you very much!