1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to wear with my new Adele Simpson dress?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by cupertinovfg, Mar 24, 2009.

1. cupertinovfg

cupertinovfg Registered Guest

I won this cute little Adele Simpson dress on ebay. Any recommendations on what shoes to wear with it?
    Thanks,
    CV

2. cupertinovfg

Here is the pic

Note: This image is the property of the ebay seller. I can't post my own picture because I haven't recvd the dress yet.

3. Hi CV, it's a very cute 60s inspired dress, but I don't think it's vintage.

4. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

I have some green sandals that match :beach:

[​IMG]

cute dress

5. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

If you can pull off the look, you could wear white tights and black patent Mary Jane's. The shoes could have a little heels and buckles, buttons or bows. If the white tights are too much - I'd still wear black patent shoes with it. If you want to pull out the colors I'd do it with big vintage earrings and stacks of mixed colored bangles.

Linn

6. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

is that black or dark brown? shows as a very deep chocolatey brown on my monitor...

7. cupertinovfg

Hi BijouVintage- those sandals are gorgeous.. what size are they? I have big feet :)

8. cupertinovfg

Hi Linn- I am not sure if I would be able to pull off the white tights, but I love yourMary Jane's suggestion..will try it out..

9. cupertinovfg

Mary, it looks like black to me.. I don't have the dress yet, so I am not 100% sure..

10. cupertinovfg

Hi chezmov, I am not sure what decade this dress belongs to- I loved the way the print popped out and thought it would be perfect for summer....

11. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

I totally agree with the Mary Janes, though if you can't find black patents, I'd pull a color from the print in the dress. Or some chunky-heeled Pilgrim-style shoes would be accurate for the 60's vibe as well, or T-straps with a low to mid, chunky heel. Those looks were all worn with mini dresses 'back in the day."

12. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Personally I'd wear it with black block-heeled square-toed knee-high boots. Maybe with white or pink tights, which is a bit less dramatic than with shoes as less of the leg is showing. Agree with bangles to pick out the colours.

13. cupertinovfg

Thanks Anne.. I will give the T-straps a try..

14. cupertinovfg

Thanks GoldenAge.. I am a little hesitant with the tights- I don't want to come off looking too "teenager"ish..

15. I agree with GoldenAge: knee high boots would look great. With or without tights.

Nicole

16. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

OR with some of the shorter ankle boots shown this Spring.

17. cupertinovfg

Thanks Linda.
    If I had the moolah, I would loved to have paired it with the YSL cage boots:) (Image belongs to YSL)

18. secondlooks

secondlooks Alumni

I too love the new YSL caged shoes and boots. I have some vintage YSL strappy heels that I need to relist.....too bad they are like a 5 1/2 if I remember correctly......I wish they were my size (9) :(

[​IMG]

19. joules

joules VFG Member

Cute cute cute! I would have fun with jewelry, some bangles for sure, Bakelite if you have them, but whatever!
    I'd wear earrings something like this:
    [​IMG]
    from JustDarling of Etsy. Not sure if she still offers that style; however, some kind of mod fun, seems in order here.

I love Anne's idea of the chunky-heeled Pilgrims, or the boots. Really you can't go wrong, and once you have the dress, you can play.

20. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Something like this set would be fun with it, too - if the colors were closer.
    [​IMG]

Linn