1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to sell Mondi, Liz Claiborne, Beged-Or?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by WJoyH, Apr 13, 2021.

1. WJoyH

WJoyH Registered Guest

I'm new to the group and would appreciate help in finding new homes for many of the pieces I have. Most are from the 70's and early 80's; brands like Mondi, Liz Claiborne, leather Beged-Or. Any suggestions for how or where to sell or donate in Toronto or Canada during COVID? Thanks.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

1970s/80s clothing from those labels are not hot sellers in the vintage clothing market, so I don't think you will find a dealer who would be willing to buy conservative quality clothes like those. We are in Cambridge, just west of Toronto, and collect more recent vintage for the collection like what you mention. If you want to jot me an email with some photos of the better pieces, you can contact me at [email protected]. Alternatively, I would suggest a costume house which acquires clothing for film and television, which I could put you in touch with, if they aren't the sort of thing we would be interested in. We don't buy vintage, but can give tax receipts to Canadian donors for the fair market value of donations.