1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which should I choose?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by MaryLC, Oct 15, 2019.

1. MaryLC

MaryLC Registered Guest

Hi all, I am dressing up as Doris Day for Halloween. Which one of these dresses do you think looks most like her style? Thank you!
    s-l1600 (13).jpg s-l1600 (12).jpg s-l1600 (14).jpg s-l1600 (15).jpg s-l1600 (16).jpg

2. yumyumvintage

yumyumvintage VFG Member

the green or yellow....

MaryLC likes this.
  3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

hmmmm...Doris was known as a curvy gal...and often wore clothes that accentuated her wonderful shape. since none of them do that....I'd probably go with that green one, too.

MaryLC likes this.
  4. MaryLC

MaryLC Registered Guest

I've been looking at pics of her non stop and unfortunately I just can't find any true vintage dresses with a waistline that I can fit into (that also fit into a costume budget)...lol

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

6. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

Doris often wore suits in her movies similar to the yellow suit, so I'll vote for that one too.

MaryLC likes this.
  7. Lady Scarletts

Lady Scarletts VFG Member

yellow suit

MaryLC likes this.
  8. MaryLC

MaryLC Registered Guest

Thank you everybody ! I was also thinking the yellow suit, maybe paired with a polka dot scarf for good measure. :)

9. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

I like the green dress.

MaryLC likes this.
  10. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Blue polka dot dress, or the yellow suit both to me conjure up Doris. And while I am not sure, I think yellow was her favorite color.

MaryLC likes this.