1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whiting and Davis mesh bag with Great seal

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Joe Hanson, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Joe Hanson

Joe Hanson Registered Guest

Hello I need help identifying this Whiting and Davis gold mesh bag I just aquired. It is the only one I have ever seen with the great seal on it. Any help identifying it or dating it would be greatly appreciated. I have supplied pics of bag markings and seal

Attached Files:

Ranch Queen Vintage likes this.
  2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

It's fabulous. I have never seen anything like it before, either - not that I have that much experience with W&D bags. What does it say? The purse may have been been "custom" or the seal added. The seal looks something like the Seal of the United States - to me. Can you take a closer view and blow it up?

[​IMG]

If someone doesn't come along and answer your question, I believe Whiting & Davis are still in business -so perhaps you could contact them..

3. Joe Hanson

Joe Hanson Registered Guest

Yes it is the Great seal. Says E pluribus unum. Here is the best pic of it I could get

Attached Files: