1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who was Paoli?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by foofoogal, Feb 26, 2008.

1. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

I have run across quite a few Paoli scarves. Who was this designer? Not listed under the VFG site. Vera contemporary? Japan designer? Thanks for any info. 1960s I know.

2. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

I dont know but I have a few too with no info. Agree mine appear to be 60s by design, but its hard to tell for sure. If you find out anything, please post!

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Perhaps it is this (from the patent and trademark site):

Word Mark GINO PAOLI
    Goods and Services (CANCELLED) IC 025. US 039. G & S: Men's, Women's and Children's Coats, Suits, Dresses, Sweaters, Shirts, Slacks, Shorts, Bathing Suits, Beach Jackets, Beach Robes, and Blouses. FIRST USE: 19560715. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19560715
    Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
    Serial Number 72127633
    Filing Date September 11, 1961
    Current Filing Basis 1A
    Original Filing Basis 1A
    Registration Number 0740055
    Registration Date October 30, 1962
    Owner (REGISTRANT) Gino Paoli CORPORATION NEW JERSEY 85 CENTRAL AVE. Clifton NEW JERSEY
    (LAST LISTED OWNER) U.S. Industries, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE New York NEW YORK

Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Affidavit Text SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR).
    Renewal 1ST RENEWAL 19821030
    Other Data "Gino Paoli" is a fictitious name and not that of any living individual.
    Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
    Cancellation Date August 2, 2003

INVINTAGEV likes this.
  4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Gino Paoli made a lot of great double knit items in the late 50s and early 60s. It's hard to find out detailed information about the line of clothing. It is always very good quality.

5. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

I've had a few Gino Paoli wool knit dresses that were HIGH quality.....good designer......ang

6. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

May be a silly ? but why is then this designer not as well celebrated for lack of better word as say Vera or Ben Siebel or other notable of this time? The scarves I have seen are as amazing as Vera IMHO. Thanks for all the info.

7. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Found this dress recently. Think it was shortened. The buttons are super cute.

Attached Files: