Who would you sell pointy 60's sneakers to??

Gilo49

Alumni
Who would you sell pointy 60\'s sneakers to??

Hi! I'm doing shoes today...lots of shoes. I've got about a dozen pairs of vintage 50's - early 60's ladies pointy sneakers. They're old store stock and really neat! All sorts of colors and styles. Some lace up on the side of the foot. They've got names lïke: Surfer Slims, Sandpiper, Navy Taper, Blue Duck, Black Hop, Oceanside etc...Most are in larger sizes.<P>I see beach parties, Connie Francis, dancing at the Hop. Am I right? I don't think they're RAB and probably not for VLV. Keyword help please....Vintage Running Shoes Sneakers
Thanks! Joanne

Hop_Black_E.JPG

Hop_Black_B.JPG

Hop_Black_Watch_A.JPG

Hop_Taper_B.JPG

My goodness, i swear my mother had those exact sneakers down at the bottom there. I have never seen the side lace ones before.

To me the early bobbysoxers were early 50s. These would be early 60s preppy. (not a bad thing, just a different thing)

Maybe our better shoe experts will chime in though.

Chris

I had some when I was a kid in the 60s!! I love them!!

60s Old School Vintage Unique Keds-style Canvas Tennis Shoes

60s Vintage Beach Party Keds-style Canvas Tennis Shoes

Vintage 1960s Gidget Beach Party style Canvas Tennis Shoes

Joanne, do you have a link to your selling site or auctions you can share with us!! I'd like to see more of these (and perhaps buy a pair for old time's sake!)

:bouncing: Maureen

OMG I love them! I remember my mom having those side laced ones. ( out with the family album again)

Thanks a bunch everyone! This really helped.<P>I'd love to put in a link to my ebay auctions...I tried to do it in my profile but it was not a success..How do I do it? Sorry. I'm a total board virgin (well almost!) and not much of a computer whiz. Joanne

Oh yes, of course Chris! Duh!!

I rarely ever use those green buttons, I just plum forget about them.

I've added you to my "favorites" Joanne and will check back for the shoes!

You've got some great fashions mags too!

~Maureen

Thanks everyone! I'm going with the Beach Party theme. Love it! Thanks Premierludwig for the "Brian's Drive In Theatre" link. Maureen, I'll be listing them (5 pairs for the moment) tomorrow afternoon. Hope I have your size. Joanne

Back