1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why I love Plastics!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Another Time Antiques, Apr 12, 2005.

1. I've been a stasher of vintage "jewels" of the plastics mode for a while --no ... not the high end bakelite items, but the fun and funky 30-70s items. It's really a fun great field of accessories that anybody can afford! Of course the earlier ones are getting scarfed up and prices are climing. But lots of room for just plain ol' wearable fun purchases.

#1 Reason: Rich colors!

[​IMG]
    (moonstone lucite cabachons-great luster)

#2 Reason: Fab!! use of rich colors!

[​IMG]

#3 Reason: the fun way artisans used color for foolery:

[​IMG]
    (these babies are all plastic!)

Just some fun to share!

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

that last one DO really look like some type of metal.

Now...i guess i need an aducation here...i always called it moonglow lucite...the proper term is moonstone?

And that bracelet in the middle is extremely funky.

3. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Wow...those purple earrings are shinny....and very purple! Wonder if the Red Hat Society ladies wear purple earrings. :D

Gail

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I know the color code seems to be red and purple together...but don't know much else about the particulars.

5. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

:( I only see the pic for the green bracelet, which is great btw

Sue

6. Ooooo Sue, I'm so glad you found this thread. I must have missed it the first time around!!

That's a super bracelet! I'll bet the others are already sold which is why they are probably not showing up -- which is :clapping: for Barbara and :no: for us as we missed see them!!

I really like all the reasons why Barbara loves collecting plastics. I feel motivated now to keep my eyes open for them instead of skipping over them!!

~Maureen

7. Hi again.... sorry the photos disappeared--yes they are now gone and the images got later deleted from the FTP file. Forgot to leave one on for the board post!! Will try to remember that in future.

and just a current tidbit on popularity - plastic fun bangles seem to be flying out of the shop! I think its the need ... AGAIN... for people to have some fun and color in their lives.

Fashion and politcs make strange bedfellows.... but bedfellows they DO make!. :wacko: