1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women’s Georgio Armani Women’s Tux

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by IM_Jme, Aug 17, 2018.

1. IM_Jme

IM_Jme Registered Guest

Good morning Forum! This is an amazing site .... I came here for information on a label and just got lost in the forum for an hour!! Fabulous.

I happened upon this suit at a local Thrift Store. It was a fabulous price because there is slight fading/discoloration on the upper left shoulder. I have not taken the suit to a cleaner or alteration shop yet (just got it yesterday) to see if it can be cleaned or repaired/dyed.

Before spending any time or money on the suit I wanted to do a little research. I am hoping someone here can help me read the labels - date the suit - and give practical advice as I try to decide how to fix the suit.

I have attached labels in the jacket and the pants. Also a pic of the spot on the left sleeve - although it is difficult to see here. It is a baseball size spot.

All questions, opinions, and help gratefully accepted!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to our forums. As per our forum rules, we cannot authenticate items here.

We can however help with dating your item. Can you please also post a photo showing your jacket in full? The labels look very modern though and I don't think your item is vintage (yet). Vestimenta SpA, who produced it, seems to be a company that produces or used to produce garments for many designer labels and from all I see still seems to be around, though this article from 2005 has some interesting info as well:
    Code:
    https://nypost.com/2005/08/17/out-of-fashion-top-brand-clothier-looks-to-unwind-holdings/
    I haven't found out yet if that really happened in the end.

3. IM_Jme

IM_Jme Registered Guest

Thank you, I have updated my original post to fall in line with the Rules. And, Thank you for the article.

Here are photos of the full jacket and pants. It has an early 2000’s vibe to me. The jacket is long and very fitted (back in style!) The trousers are not tapered - they are what I would call straight legs - they fall straight down from the hip - not too wide - not too thin.

The jacket almost fits me. I am 5’4” and a size 4/6 and fairly broad shouldered. The jacket fits my shoulders but is too narrow in the waste (that may be altered) but the trouser waist is a good 2-3” small for me (the band measures 25.5”). So, I will likely be passing this on to my niece who is smaller and will appreciate the quality and style of the suit.

Attached Files: