1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wondering what to call this type of leather jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by laurenm, Aug 22, 2015.

  1. laurenm

    laurenm Registered Guest

    Hey ALL,
    I'm not sure if there is a specific term for a jacket like this....I'm fairly certain it is 1970s?
    Thanks for any help.

    Attached Files:

  2. Rue_de_la_Paix

    Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member


    That is a beautiful jacket! I agree with your assessment of a 1970s date, leaning to the earlier part of the decade, around 1972-1973. When it is belted, it brings to mind the late 1920s and early 1930s aviator jackets worn by pilots.

    Again, what a beauty!
  3. Pinkcoke

    Pinkcoke Alumni

    I don't think they have a specific name but the keyword is a belted jacket. which immediately puts in mind the shape you have displayed.
  4. laurenm

    laurenm Registered Guest

    thanks everyone!

Share This Page