1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wool Fabric Identification Help

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by SirTarquin, Oct 25, 2018.

1. SirTarquin

SirTarquin Registered Guest

There is a particular fabric I'm looking for a piece I'm recreating that I'm having a lot of trouble finding. I know it's a woolen weave, but that could mean several different things. I have already checked the fabric guide, but was unable to find anything that looked quite like this:

[​IMG]

Does anyone know what to call this fabric or what to search for to I can find this type of fabric/weave specifically? I apologize for the quality of the picture, I do not have access to the original piece so I cannot take more detailed photos myself and this is the best I've found. I have heard several people say it is herringbone, but it does not look like any kind of herringbone I have ever seen. I would appreciate any help anyone could possibly give.

P.S. Admittedly, I am looking for this fabric by the yard as opposed to anything vintage, but I was always directed here first on every search for a fabric identification forum.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member