1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. LindaGail52

LindaGail52 Registered Guest

Can anyone tell me anything about this woven scarf. I bought a few of them at auction and was told they were vintage. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. It sure looks "Indian" as from India.....is it silk? Any tags or labels?

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hi,

I have a few scarves like this, but mine are more narrow. I also have a belt. Mine are a tightly woven silk, medium weight with a bit of a texture to them from the weave. I believe these are hand loomed, and I forget the country of origin as I removed the tags (I hate tags on scarves unless it is a special designer of course). I bought mine from street vendors in New York City back in, I think, the late 1970s or 1980s. I used to see scarves like this at a popular NYC shop called Putanamo? (or something like that). They do look Indian, but could be South American.

Hopefully, someone will come along and identify the origin.

4. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Barbara, are you thinking of "Putamayo"?

Pretty scarf--I love the color!

5. LindaGail52

LindaGail52 Registered Guest

Unfortunately it has no labels or tags. I am not sure about it being silk. It is very soft. If it is silk, it may be raw silk. I am looking at some Putumayo scarfs and the scarves I have are similar (showing another one of them). I really appreciate your help. You have both have given me good starting points. Thank you so much.

Attached Files: