1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WW II nurse's uniform

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by zannew, Sep 28, 2013.

1. zannew

zannew Registered Guest

Hi All,

I have a wonderful WW II nurse's uniform. I wondered if you could tell me anything more about it. The label says it's rayon. Do you know what division, location, etc. this nurse may have worked?

Thanks!

DSC_0352.JPG DSC_0353.JPG DSC_0355.JPG DSC_0357.JPG DSC_0359.JPG

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

No idea about the nurse, but that is a wonderful uniform. I love the blouse. And I've no idea who Annetta is!

I didn't know Celanese made rayon fabric, as I associate them with nylon. I looked up Celanese Sandswept, it's a crepe and there are number of ads from the late forties and early fifties.

3. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

4. Retro Ruth

If it fit me, which I'm sure it doesn't, I'd wear it in a heart beat.

5. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

I was thinking the same thing, lol. I have a feeling that it may have a bitty little 18 inch waist. ;)

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Also, if you could put in a clearer photo of the arm patch that might help to id it.

8. zannew

zannew Registered Guest

Here's an update on the uniform....

In researching on-line I discovered an almost identical uniform which had sold on Ebay in 2010 I believe. I emailed the seller, who is a military artifact seller on Ebay, to see if he could tell me anything else other than what I had read in his original listing description. He was very nice and told me quite a bit. Here is what he said...

It's an off-duty, going out uniform for an army officer. This particular nurse was assigned to West Point. He said it's very rare and he's only seen three others. The patch is what indicates the nurse was assigned to West Point. He thinks that makes it even more rare, since there were not likely many nurses that were assigned there.

I was so excited to find out about it! I have it listed on Ebay and have had one bid and there are 15 watchers. Three more days till auction ends. Can't wait to see what happens!

9. Retro Ruth

How very exciting! I hope it does really well for you. It really is a beauty, I simply love it.

10. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni