1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. missproper

missproper Alumni

I'm positive this has been asked before, but I have no idea where the answer is :embaressed:
    Is there a remedy/soaking solution to remove some of the yellowing out of aged lace? :puzzled:

Thanks in advance!

2. joules

joules VFG Member

Depending uppn sturdiness/content, I use Retro Clean, which is sodium perborate, if I recall. But, if is delicate....

3. if its durable cotton.... oxy clean will do wonders!

just try a little oxy at first to make sure the lace can handle it..... But I've had no problem with oxy even on rayon (minor shrinkage of course) I use particularly on chiffon and lace accented dresses because you don't need to agitate or scrub at it for it to work through the material.....

but be warned I have had one instance where it ate through a chiffon dress at the dirtiest spots, but I think it was a rust stain and the fabric was already shot.

Just dont pull at or put weight on the lace (no drip dry) while its really wet and heavy.

And one final warning, many do not like oxy due to disasters, many love it due to miracle cleaning. If the piece is way better clean and you can deal with a potential loss go for it!

4. I use Restoration which is made for fine antique lace table cloths etc. I have had wondeful results everytime I have used it on all fabrics (except silk and rayon)
    You can search online for it.

5. missproper

missproper Alumni

Great, I will see if I can find any of those! :)

6. joules

joules VFG Member