1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yessica Pillbox hat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by TreasureSeeker, Dec 1, 2013.

1. TreasureSeeker

TreasureSeeker Registered Guest

Do you think this hat is 80s or earlier? Screen shot 2013-12-01 at 17.14.39.png
    I've googled and found that Yessica label was around in 80s but also found items online with Yessica label that are apparently 60s and 70s... I can't find info on when C&A began.
    Screen shot 2013-12-01 at 17.14.54.png Screen shot 2013-12-01 at 17.15.03.png

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

C&A is a much older parent company from c.1925. Yessica is one of their women's brands. I don't think it was around much earlier than the 1980s, but I couldn't find a definitive dating either. The logo shown on your label was first trademarked in 1986 here.. It trademarked again in 1996 with the specific colours used. It's worth noting the first was for clothing only, whereas the second branched out into many more items including headgear. The material content description on your label puts it post 1970 when various laws came into force requiring this information, and the fact that the label is stuck on rather than sewn also indicates a later dating. I would be confident in saying it comes from the 1980s or 90s.