1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yikes! What category do I put this in??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by gaildavid, Sep 7, 2005.

1. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Finally getting back to ebay after taking some time off to finish college red tape and transporting kids to their schools....and trying to get back to some sense of normal with my oldest son and his family now living with us until they find affordable housing......

I am getting ready to list this really weird child's outfit/romper on ebay and need some assistance. It is handmade....probably one-of-a-kind.....with an embroidered frog and dragons. Will "Asian" in the title be better than "ethnic" or Chinese/Japan? And what category would you recommend? Clothing/children? Collectables? Everything else/Weird Stuff? Costumes?

[​IMG]

Thanks.....and it is good to be back to a routine.....although not my "normal" routine. ;)

Gail

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I don't think "ethnic" would be apropriate. I usually see that describing somewhat bohemian items of unknown origin or ethnic inspired items. I would try to nail down whether it is Japanese or Chinese, and definitely mention the Frog and the Dragons.

I am trying to ascertain whether the dragons would be chinese or Japanese. let me think a minute on that. The frog may confirm on way or the other... there is something about a frog with a coin in its mouth is a good luck symbol but i will have to think more about it.

I have no idea what category to list in!

3. Hi Gail,

They are Chinese. I bought a set when I was in China in the mid to late 80s. I'm assuming that they are cotton, right? If I can find my photos of that trip (it's a longshot) I may have a photo or two that I can scan of kids there wearing them. Mine had a matching jacket.

4. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Thanks Chris :hiya:

Every bit of help is appreciated. It really is a mystery to me.....

Gail

5. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Thanks Candy! :clapping:

I must have been typing when you were replying. ;)

Gail

6. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

That would be cool to see (actual kids wearing it).

Hope you find it :)

7. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I am just going to second the Chinese origin.

Hollis

8. Aren't those cute?:) I am going to say Asian and isn't there a category for that? I would also double list in children's clothing. I might even wait a couple of weeks and put costume in the title.

I know what you mean about kids in the house again. My son is back home and is attending community college. I never knew how easy it was when he was gone! LOL

What size is it?

9. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Thanks Hollis and Linda. It appears to have been hand sewn so there are no size tags. The vintage category for childrens doesn't break down for sizes so I was hoping the measurements would suffice. I would guess an equivelent of about 12 months...maybe 18 months.

Linda, we had 3 months of an empty nest last year at this time....it was wonderful! :USETHUMBUP: Now we have 7 of us, our kitty and their two cats who have taken over. Our poor kitty is even afraid to eat.........we had to move her food into our bedroom which has become her only safe spot in the house without getting ganged up on. :no:

Gail