1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zig zag waist dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pinkcoke, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

looking to date this so I can add the label to the resource I'm guessing late 70's or 80's (the dress style seems earlier but the leopard print pattern is putting it much later to me...) my sister has another dress with this sort of zig zag waist so I would like to know when it was used.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Are they shoulder pads I see? In which case, can you describe them or - better yet - show a pic? Thank you.

Nicole

3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Sure, here it is , it's sewn one end at the shoulder and attached with a crocheted/plaited loop the other.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Thank you: I think your dress is early into the '80s although I can't recall that actual silhouette being in vogue at the time.

Nicole

5. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

thanks Nicole.

6. The waist looks dropped to me. If so, I would say it is more mid to late 80s.

7. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I wouldn't say it's as low as it looks, my model is smaller than the dress, mostly it's hanging by the shoulder pads, so would be higher on the right size person.

8. Perhaps measure from the inside shoulder seam to the highest point of a zig - that will be a more accurate indicator.

9. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Cute dress! I'm with Deborah on this for dating, even if the waist isn't quite dropped.... I'd go late 80s.