1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another vintage sew done...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Midge, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Finally finished this! I picked this pattern up in an antique shop in Campbell Town, Tasmania for one dollar...
    simplicity 6696.jpg
    And bought this really cool vintage airline logo print fabric from VFG member @silvia-k . I just had to have it... but what to make of it? It does look like a kind of pajama fabric - not that I ever wear or need flannel pajamas... So why not make a kind of housedress? Just something to comfy to hang around at home and wear with leggings. VoilĂ :
    simplicity 6696_2.jpg
    It's not perfect... but hey, it's just for at home... The front opening is slightly off-centre because I misinterpreted the pattern and didn't look at the instructions too closely oopsemoti... typical me! I also went for snaps instead of fabric loops and buttons, and I topstitched the hem :BAGUSE: - not what I usually do with dresses, but I figured this was going to need to be a bit more sturdy when I mooch around on the sofa or whatever :).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. PastPiecesVintage

PastPiecesVintage VFG Member

:USETHUMBUP: Job well done. My sis and I wore dresses just like this back in the 70s.

3. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

LOVE this dress Karin!! Bravo. :cheer:sewingmachineemoti:cheer:

4. Great idea to use this neat and unique fabric for this pattern! I love it!

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

cute! want to see a photo of it on you (next time you have it on?) please and thank you!

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks... well, when I weart his around home I'm usually not photo-ready :hysterical:. Already working on the next one... a bit more dressy, from my Jiffy shift dress pattern - quick one to make.

7. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

:hysterical:

I love that--looks so comfortable, and stylishly so!