1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spring VFG NEWSLETTER

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by amandainvermont, Apr 27, 2017.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

As someone who has worked on former VFG newsletters I am astounded by the scope of information pulled together and laid out by VFG member Laura Milera. My newsletter turned up in my spam box, so here is where it can be seen if you did not get it in your e-mail.

http://vintagefashionguild.wildapricot.org/resources/Documents/NewsletterSpring2017final3.pdf

It is "public" now, so I encourage all of you with blogs, active instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, whatever accounts to give it a plug. Thank you Laura for all your time putting this together.

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.07.50 AM.png

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Great newsletter, thank you so much, Laura for taking the time to get this together for us.

3. morning-glorious

morning-glorious VFG Member

Fabulous job! And I really enjoyed the interview with MJ!

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

yes, another crazy good newsletter, thank you so much, Laura!! xo

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Thanks, Jen. Sometimes I really wish I still had a brick and mortar shop. It gets lonely at the computer!!!!

6. Alleycats

Alleycats VFG Member

That really was an excellent newsletter and I know it was a lot of work.

7. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Thank you, ladies -- I'm so glad that everyone is enjoying The VFG News, and want to express my thanks to our many talented writers, and to all of you who participate by providing copy and art and helping to make it work.

Racked Vintage likes this.
  8. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Thank you for posting the link, Amanda. I did not receive the newsletter in my inbox and checked - it was not in "junk mail" either. When was it sent out?

I don't have time to read it now but will access it from the link later today.

Thanks everyone for all your hard work putting this together!

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  9. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Thank you. So many member submissions. That is so fantastic. Thank you Laura and thank you all.

I did not receive the email either. I will research to see if I can troubleshoot if it has anything to do with our email system, I will check with my email provider to see if they have heard of this issue where emails do not come through at all, and do some google searching too. If I find anything out that can help I will create a post for it in one of our tech forums.

10. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

I love my first newsletter Laura - excellent job! So excited to offer some cleaning tips I have used for years too! Thanks for all you do!

11. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Wow, that has to be one of the best newsletters I have ever seen.
    I collect Merry Widow items and did not even know about an Opera by that name.
    Happy to read about Poppy's. I have been pleased with every item I have purchased from her shops.
    So looking forward to the Hat resource. Yeah.
    Love the VFG.
    Sandy
    foo

12. The Vintage Merchant

in our email system (Wild Apricot) it shows that 4 members did not receive this:

It does not have you, Caryn, in the list of failed emails...did you check your spam folder already?

I'll try to resend it, to see if it works this time, or not.

13. The Vintage Merchant

it it time stamped 1:43 pm on April 25th.

14. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Laura, you've outdone yourself! The newsletter is beautiful to look at, and an amazing resource as well. :clapping::drinkingtoast::clapping::drinkingtoast:

Jo and Karin's museum reviews are full of great info (and eye candy), seeing the early photos of beautiful MJ and her shop was a blast, and even though I actually saw the Lucile exhibit in Guelph last summer, I still learned much from Barbara's article. And the exhibit calendars are invaluable!

Thanks so much to all who contributed!

15. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

I did. Did you try to send it again? I had this issue a few years ago. I never found out what caused it. I was receiving some of our emails but not others.

16. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

17. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I loved the newsletter and was exceedingly surprised to see my 1A interview mentioned there. Thank you so so much for including that. Touched me!

18. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

If you sent it out again, I did not receive it. It is not in my spam folder, either. I have been getting VFG emails and all newsletters prior to this so I am pretty sure my email address is correct in Wild Apricot.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  19. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Wow Laura- what an incredible newsletter you have produced!.
    I am in awe of the scale of this Newsletter and your dedication.
    Thanks so so much!

20. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni