1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JACQUES HEIM Dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by simba, Jul 13, 2017.

1. simba

simba Registered Guest

I have just bought this elegant jet black dress designed by jacques heim. I am tempted to keep this or if it is worth selling on to a collector. I would like to know the era and the name of the fabric used (the entire dress is overlaid with a fabric that resembles metallic mesh and its embellished with tinsel-like flowers:). I hope my images are useful to appraise this. It is in exquisite condition. cheers 088 (2).JPG 088 (2).JPG 115 (2).JPG 120 (2).JPG 125 (2).JPG 127 (2).JPG 140 (2).JPG 148 (2).JPG 153 (3).JPG 156.JPG 196 (2).JPG 199 (2).JPG

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Lovely dress, love that fishnet like overlay. I agree with Cin on the dating.

4. Great dress! Agree with mid to late '60s.

5. simba

simba Registered Guest

Thank you ladies for your quick replies - much appreciated :).

6. simba

simba Registered Guest

Thank you for pinpointing the fabric - yes your so right it is like a fishnet. In my entire life I have ever worn anything with a fishnet so it was not easily recognisable to me:)