1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Framed Beaded Eleanor Purse

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Christina Buell, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Ok - but this is a whole different - and older - bag. IMHO, yours doesn't look the type that would have gold findings.

2. Christina Buell

Christina Buell Registered Guest

3. Christina Buell

I will!!! I'm excited to know. It's not as expensive to appraise come to find out. It will take a few days. I will let you all know. Thank you for all of your feedback!❤

4. Christina Buell

Might it be steel? Has a gold tone. overlay? We'll see....thank you for your help hun.

5. Christina Buell

6. Christina Buell

I think it's very obvious why I came to this forum... I'm not disappointed with any of the feedback I'm receiving. I just have questions, I'm sorry if that was perceived as being naive. Like I said before, I'm looking for answers that maybe somebody could possibly give me. Any answers about the origination of this purse.

7. Christina Buell

8. Christina Buell

I LOVE YOUR BAGS!!!!!❤❤❤

9. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

When you get the appraisal, please let us know what they say, please? Thanks!

Christina Buell likes this.
  10. Christina Buell

11. Christina Buell

Screenshot_20190917-184510.png Here's one appraisal reply.

12. Christina Buell

1920's. Blaid Appraisals.

13. Never heard of Blaid Appraisals. Where are they located? Did they have the bag in hand for the appraisal?

14. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

15. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Hi there! I just wanted to tell you - as a friend not a dealer - that that isn't necessarily an appraisal, not even an informal, in-house appraisal. Please be suspect because if you had to sell this or insure or have a value for your estate, this would not suffice. Without the proper appraisal formatting (and there is, from an informal in-house to a full appraisal), it is merely hearsay much like our discussion here, really. Also, from this message, it's unclear if the appraiser actually handled the bag, what photos they saw and used as comparable in their assessment, etc. That they weren't able to give you even market pricing comparable (recent eBay or Sotheby's auctions, for example), is not an appraisal; a true appraisal will give that at the very least.

There is a checklist of how an appraiser processes the information when doing an appraisal.

So I'd be careful when selling it. I'd not insure it for what something similar went for on eBay... Again, I want to help. I'm currently working on becoming a certified appraiser and methodology and ethics is AS important as what you know about the item.

cmpollack, Midge, Vinclothes and 3 others like this.
  16. Christina Buell

Well, thank you. As I view it as priceless until someone from Sotheby's tells me otherwise.

17. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

If you have a Sotheby's appraiser handy, I'd let them take a look. Until then, enjoy it as you do.