1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Post Labels for the LABEL RESOURCE Here** 2020 - CLOSED

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Labels for the Label Resource - Add here' started by denisebrain, Apr 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Please Read.jpg

This is a place to SUBMIT LABELS ONLY - Not a place to discuss or ask questions about a label. If you would like to ask questions about a label PLEASE post in the forum located HERE.

The Vintage Fashion Guild is constantly updating the Label Resource, and we welcome contributions. If you have labels to contribute, we ask that you keep in mind a few guidelines.

First, please check the Label Resource to insure that your label is not already included.

If your label is NOT shown there, and you feel it should be, then post an image of the label onto this thread, together with the following:
    (1) date of garment
    (2) type of garment
    (3) photo of garment
    (4) any information you have about the designer/label and where you found that info
    (5) how you would like to be credited for your contribution (i.e. your name, your VFG username, or your vintage fashion business name)

Please submit a clear, straight, close-up shot of the label that is 500 pixels or larger.

Also, because of the change of the label sizes when the website changed format, some of the old labels are grainy and hard to read. If you have one of the labels that is in this condition, we welcome your replacement label.

Under copyright law, the owner of a photograph has exclusive rights to that photograph. Please, only submit images that are your own, or that you have obtained express permission to share. By posting your label image here, you are giving your copyright assignment for the image to go onto the Label Resource. You will be credited for your contribution.

We are always looking for new information about any of the labels on the resource. Please post here or contact me through the convo if you have information you wish to contribute!

Concerning Use of the Label Resource:

Welcome to the Vintage Fashion Guild’s Label Resource. Here you’ll find a large collection of vintage label images, complete with biographies and company histories for each label.

We are working hard to make sure this Resource is as comprehensive as possible. It is a work in progress; its growth depends upon contributions of labels, and any omissions are due to the fact that examples of many designers’ work are scarce. We welcome contributions of labels that are not represented on the Resource.

This Resource is to be used only as an educational tool, and is not intended as a value guide. Inclusion of a label in the resource is not an indication of value, as garments vary greatly in value depending on many factors. Another point that needs to be considered by users is that some companies used the same label for many years, and just because the garment used on the label resource is a certain date, it does not mean that all garments with the same label are the same date.

The labels included have been carefully researched, we have worked hard to insure that all information is correct. If a mistake should be found, we would greatly appreciate access to your information so the Resource can be corrected.

We hope you find the Vintage Fashion Guild’s Label Resource useful. We provide the Resource at no cost to the vintage community, and we are pleased when people are able to use it. We do ask that if you use the resource or copy parts of it on another site (such as eBay, blogs, articles, etc.) that you credit the VFG in the following way: “Information courtesy of The Vintage Fashion Guild Label Resource” or “Information courtesy of {Contributor's Name}/the Vintage Fashion Guild Label Resource”.

Please note that the author of the bio owns the copyright to the work, and that the copyright is assigned to the VFG. In order to be in compliance with eBay’s copyright policy, and the law, you must credit all copyrighted work.

Thank you!

Racked Vintage likes this.
  2. Moxie123

Moxie123 Registered Guest

From a 1970s Albert Nipon 100% wool high-neck dress.

Shaunnie and Distantdetails like this.
  3. Tanja1612

Tanja1612 Registered Guest

I don't know if this is orgininal. Belonged to my mother, date may be 70s or 80s.
    Its a bag, two of them actually.

4. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

Please post an image of the bag.

5. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Seeing this thread bumped to the top reminds me that I had labels that I have been meaning to post.

From a pair of 50s batiste pajamas

6. MagsRags

Koret of California, Knit Division
    late 60s op art top and skirt

7. MagsRags

and from a 50s velveteen bustier, which I haven't listed yet

8. MagsRags

from my Sold archives, don't have a photo of the shirt, but it was a 60s tiki border print shirt, cotton blend

9. MagsRags

Also from archives, and no photo of the jeans, but they were deadstock, late 60s to early 70s, with this wonderful promo tag attached.

10. MagsRags

Another pair of deadstock Wrangler jeans, "student" style. I believe these are early 70s

11. Moxie123

Moxie123 Registered Guest

From a stunning black velvet robe with gold embroidery. Date unknown--found at an estate sale.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2020
  12. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

@Moxie123: Please post an image of this garment so that we may assign an accurate date.
    Thank you!

13. MagsRags

Reposting a better jpg of the Barbizon Zephaire label

Ranch Queen Vintage likes this.
  14. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Here is a blouse/label I stumbled on today--80s.

denisebrain likes this.
  15. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

from a 1930s Linen day dress

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2020
    denisebrain likes this.
  16. MagsRags

Not a label, but some interesting info that may be helpful for the resource.

I ended up on a Levis mailing list after buying my future SIL some jeans for Christmas. Today, their post is from their archives, about the first Levis bell bottoms. I am copying and pasting here for ease of sharing. I know VFG would not use it verbatim.

Feast your eyes on the 646, Levi's® first bell bottoms. Inspired by a generation of hippies, we introduced the flare-legged fit in 1969. By the fall of '71, we offered the patterned piece you see here as an option in our men's line, alongside a denim version. As this zany print (are those river stones?!) suggests, we were still new to the statement-jeans game. The famed countercultural Haight-Ashbury neighborhood, in our hometown of San Francisco, lays claim as the birthplace of bell bottoms. They started as DIY projects, made by adding fabric inserts to the bottom of blue jeans. As the story goes, Mnasidika, a Haight boutique, began selling them so fast that owner Peggy Caserta approached Levi's® in 1968 to ask us to help her mass-produce the jeans. We introduced the 646 and 517 boot-cut jeans the following year as part of our experimental Orange Tab line

17. denisebrain

Debbie, that is a cute label! Please, if it is still possible, we need the label itself to be at least 500 pixels across for it to show clearly.

18. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

Sure, I'll retake the label shot and post it here within the next day or so, Maggie.

denisebrain likes this.
  19. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

Here you go, Maggie. This is a new image and is 500 across.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2020
  20. denisebrain

Thank you Debbie!

I put it in our Novelty Labels 2 :)

Last edited: May 24, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.