1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW TO THE FORUMS? Please introduce yourself here! 2020

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by The Vintage Merchant, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

Thank to everyone for the welcome.

So yesterday while rummaging through my storage units, looking for something entirely different I came across an item, so for my next post I'm heading over to Share and Tell.

2. steph1989

steph1989 Registered Guest

Hi!! My name is Stephany, l've always been attracted to vintage clothing but only recently i started collecting some pieces found in flea markets..i consulted few times already your website in order to understand what i found...i absolutely love treasure hunts ...hope to learn more and more About vintage pieces :)
    Thanks a lot

Distantdetails and denisebrain like this.
  3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome Stephany! Ah, the treasure hunt—we can all relate to that love.

Please ask if you need help with any of your finds! :)

4. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

Great to have you here, Stephany! And I, too, love the treasure hunt of finding vintage! So much fun!

5. Matty

Matty Registered Guest

Hi

My names Mat trawler of charity shops

Distantdetails and Retro Ruth like this.
  6. LLBenson

LLBenson Registered Guest

Hi there! Welcome! This will probably be a weird question, but have you ever seen the movie, “The Shining”? The reason I ask is that the red and yellow design in your hat is the same as the carpeting in the hotel shown in the movie, particularly where Room 237 is located. Sorry, your hat just stood out to me right away.

denisebrain likes this.
  7. LLBenson

Hi
    Hi Stephany! Do you have any pictures of the pieces?

8. Matty

Matty Registered Guest

Hi

Well spotted the hat is based on the carpet of the Overlook Hotel

Mat

9. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Very very cool!

10. Becca4755

Becca4755 Registered Guest

Hello! My names Becca and I’m new to VFG! My grandmother recently passed away an I’ve been going through a lot of her old stuff/photos. There are so many things that I cannot find where they are from or who they were made by so I will be posting for help!!

Lori Ammons and denisebrain like this.
  11. denisebrain

I'm sorry for your loss Becca @Becca4755. We welcome you here and will do what we can to help you with information about grandmother's fashion items.

12. idreamamermaid

idreamamermaid Registered Guest

Hi! Thank you for the warm welcome, and all of the wonderful information within. I am new to the forum, but a long time reader of VFG. I have been a vintage fashion lover since I was a litter girl. I am looking forward to being a part of this wonderful community.

Retro Ruth and denisebrain like this.
  13. denisebrain

14. ThePetticoat5

ThePetticoat5 Registered Guest

butterfly bugHello friends!

New girl here! I’m a serious collector of all things unique and timeless; specializing in mid century. I am not a reseller. My house is filled to the brim with timeless fashion. I do not have many friends who are interested in my hobby. I do have so many things to share, and I am so excited I found a community to show off and learn with. This is seriously amazing. Hope to chat with you all soon.

Lori Ammons and denisebrain like this.
  15. denisebrain

16. Nichol Gabor

Nichol Gabor Registered Guest

I have absolutely zero idea if I am doing this correctly, but I am a brand new to this forum. My name is Nichol and I am located in the United States in Richmond, Virginia. I am a costume historian currently employed in the costume and textiles department at a local museum. Although I mostly wear fashion from the thirties through the early fifties, I currently research and study costume from all periods of history. I've used the vintage label resource several times before and am looking forward to a deeper exploration of the forum!

17. denisebrain

:hiya: We're very glad to have you here Nichol @Nichol Gabor! With which museum are you associated?

18. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi to all of you new to our forums. Looking forward to hear more from you!

19. LLBenson

I love "The Shining". It's a favorite of mine. I've seen it several hundred times, literally, and I never get sick of it. That hat is so cool!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Retro Ruth likes this.
  20. LLBenson

Cool! Welcome! You gave me a good idea! I have some stuff of my grandmother's that I need to research to find out how old it is and where it came from, so thank you, very much! My grandmother was 93 when she passed away 14 years ago. I hope you will post some stuff from your grandmother so we can see it!

Becca4755 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.