1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Post Labels for the LABEL RESOURCE Here** 2021 CLOSED

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Labels for the Label Resource - Add here' started by denisebrain, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Here's the sweater attached to the tag

Ranch Queen Vintage likes this.
  2. stelladoravintage

stelladoravintage Registered Guest

1960s Beau Brummel skinny tie.
    ADDED TO THE LR 2-28-21, THANKS!
    Stelladoravintage

3. stelladoravintage

stelladoravintage Registered Guest

1950s bathing suit with matching skirt.
    Kerrybrooke Sea Stars.

ADDED TO THE LR 3-8-21, THANK YOU!

Vintagiality likes this.
  4. American Golfer.
    I an early 1960s jacket dress and a late 1950s shirtwaist.

Retrieved for the Label Resouce 4/12/21
    Thank you!

5. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

We have an entry for it but not a label photo. Here you go:

Added to the Label Resource 4/12/21
    Thank you, Janice!

6. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

Racked Vintage likes this.
  7. Sara Darkhart

Sara Darkhart Registered Guest

This Original by Peggy Hunt label (black field, white lettering, is on a black rayon tissue filled gown that I estimate to be from the late 40s. It has a light cream (now seriously discolored) gaipure lace trim around the wide scoop neckline. The Basque bodice is attached to a really spectacular full circle skirt that has a complex pleated hip treatment. It is neatly made but in no way a culture piece. I love it!

Thank you, Sara!

8. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Marsha @Ranch Queen Vintage Here is the follow up on that Jacobsons label I posted above. This was from a deadstock 1980s red belted coat. Here is some additional photos. There was also a maker label and union label inside per the usual with items sold from this gorgeous department store.

Thank you, Janice!

9. Fae R

Fae R Registered Guest

Vintage 1970's Katz nightgown. I don't know anything about the label or company; however, I thought the label was so cute with its picture of cats.

Waiting on request for another image file.

Attached Files:

Retro Ruth likes this.
  10. bluevelvetvintage

bluevelvetvintage VFG Member

dr4070v1-50s-sidney-kramer-full-skirt-dress.jpg dr4070v7-1950s-sidney-kramer-originals-full-skirt-dress.jpg
    Have had a few dresses with this label, but never been able to find anything about it. But I love their prints! 1950s Kramer Originals

Waiting on request for a larger image file.

11. Ann-Claire

Ann-Claire Registered Guest

I got this dress from a vintage reseller, my mom believes it’s 1970’s. I’ve not found any information online about the brand.
    — Ann-Claire

Retrieved for the Label Resource 5/24/21
    Thanks, Ann-Claire

Vintagiality likes this.
  12. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

13. Vinclothes likes this.
  14. Midge

Bally of Switzerland:

Miss Bally (probably a sub-brand aimed at younger women - I've found evidence for it only for the 1960s), from a mid- to late-1960s pair of sling-back sandals.

Bally Bellezza - from a pair of late 70s-early 80s pumps. Same label from the same pair of shoes we already have, but a better photo.

Added to the Label Resource 5/24/21
    Thanks, Karin!

15. Midge

Gabor Shoes
    Gabor Shoes is a German company known for affordable quality shoes.
    The company was founded in 1949 by Joachim and Bernhard Gabor as B. & J. Gabor Damenschuhfabrik in Barmstadt near Hamburg. Their father had owned a shoe and leather goods shop that he had opened 1919 in Gross-Strehlitz in Upper Silesia (today Poland). He and his wife were killed in the months of WWII, after having evacuated their children to relatives, and the shop was lost. The company first produced simple every day shoes with whatever materials were available in times of shortage, sometimes selling them, sometimes bartering them for food. With the upturn of the German economy, the types of shoes they produced became less desirable and the company stood on the brink of closing. However, Bernhard had travelled to the United States and seen the "California method" to produce fashionable and comfortable shoes without needing too much mechanised work. Meanwhile, Joachim had been studying the latest shoe fashions and developed the right vision of what would sell. They started producing fashionable, affordable shoes using the new method and gradually built the company and it's distribution network up. In 1952 they built their first own factory, and in the next years, more factories in Germany and further in Europe followed. In 1966, the company moved to Rosenheim in Bavaria. The Gabor credo was "we make shoes for millions, not millionaires".
    The company is still in the family's hands today and one of Europe's largest shoe manufacturers. Whilst headquarters are in Rosenheim, the shoes are produced in Slovakia and Portugal and exported worldwide. Besides shoes, they also produce handbags, socks, hosiery and shoe care products.

Gabor Party - from a pair of late 1960s evening shoes

Added to the Label Resource 5/24/21
    Thanks, Karin!

Vintagiality likes this.
  16. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

From an early 1990s couture Hardy Amies evening gown

ADDED TO THE LR 5-27-21, THANKS RUTH!

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2021
  17. Joyatri

Joyatri VFG Member

Here's a label to replace the current one. From a 1970s dress. Credit: Joyatri
    ADDED TO THE LR 5-31-21, THANKS JO!

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2021
  18. Midge

Addendum to Fisba-Stoffels in red - too good not to include :):

The Stoffel family had been dealing in textiles and in textile production since the early 19th century. Patrick Stoffel’s father was Max Stoffel, who had been CEO of the Stoffel AG (formerly Stoffel & Cie), which had been incorporated in 1888 and for some time was one of the largest textile companies in the region. In the 1950s, Swiss-born designer René Hubert, best known for his Hollywood film costumes, designed fabrics and women's dresses for Stoffel. Californian designer Pat Premo also liked using Stoffel fabrics for her dresses. Starting in 1965, the company was gradually sold to Burlington Industries, except for their handkerchief production which was taken over by the new enterprise Fisba-Stoffels. Stoffel started with the production of handkerchiefs sometime between the two world wars, and these were well-known as “Stoffel-Tüechli” in Switzerland.

19. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I remember you showing us that hat! I am over-the-moon about this one.

Definitely a rare one to ever find in hand.

Am I jealous? ..........noooooooooo. :hysterical:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.