1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Thank YOU. They do it all. I just give them my most current Etsy inventory list and voila. : )

I am not sure if they come up in google but KNOW they come up on instagram all the time. For their audience, that might be the place to be.

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I agree there!

I will give a second look. I like the Instagram connection. I did not realize this was a public thread, or I would not have used the term "sketchy". Sorry about that, Thrilling. I have removed my comment and wish them well and great success.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  3. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

I agree with everything Cin said above - Thrilling is wonderful and it's a real pleasure to sell there. Wonderful customer service and they really do help their sellers.

Alleycats likes this.
  4. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

If I was closer to the beginning of my selling career rather than to the end I would definitely be interested in this site. A site that actually supports sellers? Sounds good.

amandainvermont likes this.
  5. NylonNostalgia

NylonNostalgia VFG Member

If I was American, I'd give Thrilling a whirl. Maybe one day they'll expand to embrace us unwashed Brits too. I hope so.

Remember this dear friends - once upon a time the 'almighty' Etsy started out with nothing, but (Etsy be warned) Etsy's successor and replacement is probably already out there and will also start out with nothing too. The platform that stays principled and true to the honest, hard working small seller and works with them to encourage sales growth and rejects the lure of the cheap far-eastern tat reseller will win. That might be Thrilling or that might be someone else, but the worldwide 'vintage collective' is crying out for a release from Etsy's tedious 'Sales Prevention Department'.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  6. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Thanks for all of your help, Cin -- that sounds pretty good to me, and am thinking of applying.

7. catseyevintage

catseyevintage VFG Member

For those considering Thrilling - it is free to list there and as Cin said they will import your Etsy listings - meaning there is nothing to lose and much to gain.

8. kittenteethvintage

kittenteethvintage VFG Member

Wow- all of these comments are so helpful-thanks everyone! I think I will give serious consideration to Thrilling.

9. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I agree. It's the 'unworn' part though that Etsy has never stood by me. I got a tablecloth back that was riddled with bbq stains when it came back to me and when I called about this (as well as send photos), I was advised to rewash and re-list. This is hardly supportive.

GemGem likes this.
  10. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

It has been worth it for me and I hope for you too!

11. Tipper

Tipper Registered Guest

I was searching for other Thrilling seller’s experiences and came across this post. I have been selling there for a while, and I thought it would be helpful to share some info for anyone interested in selling there. Let’s start with the cons….

Cons:
    *Your listings do not post immediately. They have to be “screened” and posted manually by an employee. It often takes a week for your listings to get published. For me, that is ridiculous, especially since they don’t seem to be screening outside of making sure the first image cropped to their standard. I have seen many inaccurately described items, and a lot of junk vintage. It really ticks me off when I go to the effort to list an item and they sit on it for so long that it sells elsewhere. That is a waste of my time.
    *They don’t publish anything on the weekends. Stale content/inventory means potential buyers don’t come back often.
    *The seller portal looks and functions like something designed 20 years ago. It is buggy and poorly designed. They seriously need to up their game on this one.

Pros:
    *It is only vintage clothing. It is wonderful to have a marketplace specific to vintage clothing for a highly targeted audience.
    *They do some decent promotions with fashion-forward photography.
    *They handle returns, taking on that burden. Once I ship the item, I get paid and it’s done. I don’t accept returns on my other selling venues, so I appreciate that they don’t try to bully me into doing it.

Neutral:
    *They handle the shipping labels and email one to you when you make a sale. They just make a guess on the weight, and if they are under you have to ask them to send a new label. It is a cumbersome system that they will have trouble sustaining in this way if they plan to grow. Um, most of their systems are unsustainable for real growth.
    *10% fee. That is fair, but with all of their manual processes, I’m afraid they will have no choice but to increase the fee eventually. If/when they do, I will be gone.

GemGem and Metro Retro Vintage like this.
  12. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member

I sent them my whole inventory list in the beginning but how do I send just newest listings? Can you choose which items to export? I looked on Etsy but it looks like you can only export all your listings, not pick and choose.

13. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Yes, Etsy only exports ALL your listings. I then sort the document by inventory number (which as the date in it) and quickly pull out everything prior to the late date I gave to them. From that, I then pull out the things Thrilling will not list like patterns and bedding, etc. It takes about 30 minutes.

GemGem likes this.
  14. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member

Thanks!

GemGem likes this.
  15. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

No problem - happy to help!

16. @bycinbyhand For new listings, wouldn't it be easier/quicker to copy and paste to thrilling? The template and uploader is quite simple and quick.

17. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

For me, no. I have too many listings new and old, and if they will help I'm happy to accept the help. And it's not so laborious. I sort the sheet by my inventory # and just keep only the newer listings.

18. Clroff1

Clroff1 Registered Guest

Hello I have been using Thrilling for over 6 months, and I was making a sale everyday when i first started, I still make a lot of sales just not everyday now, my experience They are Black owned business, and support people of color to sell there vintage items on line, everybody is welcome, but that is there business moto. They have great customer support, they tell you about upcoming collections, so you can post what you have if it matches, they have a service you can be a part of where as in movie /T.V/photo shoots can buy or borrow for certain amount of time and you get paid for rental or purchase which ever happens, great promotion for peoples stores on social media the collection they have most likely one of your items will be featured as I have been many of times, never on Etsy. The only dislike is it does take a while to get your items on-line after you complete the process. Here is an update on there returns,

Thrilling currently accepts all returns on behalf of our stores and resells them for the same price as previously listed. We do not request the funds back from the store nor return the items to the original store. However, if the items arrive damaged to the customer with flaws that are not noted in the listing in both images and descriptions, we will request the funds back from the store and send the item back to you. oh and another thing, there really strict on items being vintage so tags are probably your best bet with pics, as I have had some issue with tags not being in the garment and them rejecting the item because it looked to modern to them, even knowing that my item was vintage, they want proof.

GemGem likes this.
  19. Luxuryandrarebaglover

Luxuryandrarebaglover Registered Guest

Don't ever send Thrilling / shopthrilling.com items for their marketing campaigns. It will not be returned in the same condition. They also don't provide compensation for items they damage.

If you're just looking to use them as an additional selling platform, they are ok. They seem to have technical issues frequently, expect you to ship all orders in under 48 hours, and it does take them quite a while to publish listings you upload, and they don't have the reach that their competitors do.