1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help I Need info on this dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Pharah’s Vintage Closet, May 27, 2022.

1. Pharah’s Vintage Closet

Pharah’s Vintage Closet Registered Guest

I found this beautiful dress and looked like crazy and found nothing. I even looked in local obituaries for the name on the label Virginia Lynch.

Attached Files:

2. Jackson.casey

Jackson.casey Registered Guest

I looked up the union tag and came up with some information on Google. A website called sammydvintage has much information about your type of tags on your dress.

3. Our VFG website has info on union labels, too.
    The ILGWU union label indicates 1974-1995, and I think your dress is 1970s.
    Virginia Lynch may have been a small local retailer? Nevertheless, it's not a name that will add value... though it is always nice to be able to offer info on a garment's maker when listing at item for sale. :)

4. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

I, too, searched liked crazy on Newspapers.com, and found nothing. I tried every combo I could think of.
    Isn't that so frustrating?! It's a very pretty dress!

5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I found only a couple of small blurbs about a Virginia Lynch, who may be the person on your label...after she stopped working for the stores?

A 1959 newspaper article reported: "VIRGINIA LYNCH NEW FASHION COORDINATOR AT FLAH'S IN ALBANY ; (Albany NY) Virginia L:ynch has been named fashion coordinator of Flah's. She was formerly merchandising and sales director for the Marion Broadcasting Co. of Marion, O."

A 1974 newspaper article reported: "Maureen Moriarty has been named buyer of daytime dresses, uniforms, and color page for Gimbels, NY div., succeeding Virginia Lynch, resigned."

Distantdetails likes this.
  6. Pharah’s Vintage Closet

Pharah’s Vintage Closet Registered Guest

Thank you so much