Vintage Halloween Costumes

The Vintage Merchant

Administrator
Staff member
as posted on facebook by Hint Fashion Magazine, vintage Halloween Costumes.

FromHintMagazineVintageHC.jpg

brilliant!

electrifiying.jpg

eye.jpg

egg.jpg

bigHeads.jpg

myKindaGirls.jpg

michelin.jpg

found this interesting article about the Michelin Man

and this is my favorite:

brilliant.jpg

I was thinking the egg might be more cumbersome, but then again, some fake legs could be made to come out the front, and then the wearer could have their own legs at a more manageable angle directly below it.

tumblr_m5acbfg1sm1ro90yxo1_500.jpg

At the 1931 Beaux Arts Ball, more than a dozen New York architects came dressed as their buildings: [l to r] A. Stewart Walker [Fuller Building], Leonard Schultze [Waldorf-Astoria], Ely Jaques Kahn [Squibb Building], William Van Alen [Chrysler Building, who clearly booked his own stylist], Ralph Walker [Irving Trust Company], and Joseph Freedlander [Museum of the City of New York].

This Halloween costume photo is vintage, but personal. Estimated year: 1988. It's me, I'm living in a small coastal Oregon town, I'm a pirate. The various pieces are much older - the velvet jacket with gold leather appliques was a trunk sale find from a major costume house in Chicago. The blouse - 50s satin with a lace jabot collar and cuffs. The sword - one of a vintage lot DH and I bought in Chicago and took with us to Oregon. The hat - 40s. If you have looked at my avatar, you may recognize it because I still own it.
Halloween-PirateMaggie.jpg

Back